Jennifer Aniston’s mother Nancy Dow has passed away, the star announced on Wednesday night. In a statement, Aniston said the death was peaceful:
“It is with great sadness that my brother John [Melick] and I announce the passing of our mother Nancy Dow. She was 79 years old and passed peacefully surrounded by family and friends after enduring a long illness. We ask that our family’s privacy be respected as we grieve our loss.”
According to People, Dow experienced multiple strokes in both 2011 and 2012.
In 1999, Dow wrote a memoir on her daughter entitled From Mother and Daughter to Friends: A Memoir. She was married to Jennifer’s father, John Aniston, for 15 years until they divorced in 1980. John is best known as Victor Kiriakis on long-running soap Days of Our Lives.
Vogue published an article on April 30th 2016. Important information for every Jennifer fan, if you ask me!
Jennifer Aniston has had a very good month, even by Jennifer Aniston standards. The 47-year-old actress has cemented her status as a kind of living-well guru, and last week, People named her the World’s Most Beautiful Woman for a second time. Before her heady dramatic turn in The Yellow Birds later this year, Aniston is returning to her light-hearted roots this weekend with a role in Garry Marshall’s star-laden rom-com Mother’s Day. In light of her standout month, here, five things you may not know about Jennifer Aniston.
1. In what has to be one of the most ironic fun facts, the Friends star was actually discouraged from watching television as a child. “I was going to a Waldorf school, which didn’t allow you to watch television, but I could go to the theater,” Aniston once said. “My dad was on a soap opera, and is still on a soap opera. So, I wasn’t really allowed to watch television, unless I was home sick.” Her father, who has starred on Days of Our Lives since 1985, also discouraged his daughter from following in his footsteps. “He said, ‘I do not want your heart broken. The rejection is brutal. Please, please, please don’t do that. Become a lawyer.’”
2. Aniston’s first brush with fame was on The Howard Stern Show in 1989. At the time, Aniston was 20 years old and just getting her start, with one show at the Public Theater under her belt. She appeared as a spokesperson for the weight-loss plan Nutrisystem, and claimed to have lost 15 pounds on the program.
3. While promoting her 2014 film Cake, Aniston revealed that shooting the pool scene required 30 takes, due to her crippling fear of water. “I was a kid and I was riding this tricycle around a swimming pool and I drove my tricycle into the swimming pool and I didn’t let go and my brother tried to [help],” Aniston has said. “So I can’t go underwater and no one will believe me. I honestly can’t.”
4. It’s hard to imagine Aniston as anything else but Rachel Green, but the actress almost appeared on an entirely different NBC show: Saturday Night Live. Adam Sandler recalled some mid-’90s casting drama on The Oprah Winfrey Show in 2011: “I remember being on the ninth floor where Lorne Michaels’s office was and seeing Jen come in. I was like, ‘Oh my God, there’s Aniston. Is she about to be on our show?’” When he found out that Aniston had turned it down for another project, Sandler was dumbfounded. “[I remember thinking], ‘She said no?’ She’s going to do that Friends? What the hell is Friends? That was the truth.”
5. In what could easily be the premise of a Friends episode, producers wanted Courteney Cox to play Rachel and Aniston to play Monica. Cocreators David Crane and Marta Kauffman had a very specific idea of how they imagined the fastidious younger Geller. “[Cox] had this cheery, upbeat energy. We thought, Well, that’s not how we envisioned Monica,” Kauffman once said. “And then she came in and did it, and we went, ‘Huh!’” Aniston also reportedly had her eye on Rachel from the start. “Unbeknownst to each other, I wanted to play Rachel and she wanted to play Monica,” Aniston has said. “So it worked out perfectly.”
Jennifer Aniston looks super sophisticated while walking around set of her new movie Office Christmas Party on Sunday (May 1) in Atlanta, Ga.
The night before, the 47-year-old actress was spotted checking her phone in between takes.
Also starring Olivia Munn and Jason Bateman, Office Christmas Party follows and uptight CEO (Aniston) who threatens to shuts down her brother’s branch, so the branch manager throws an epic Christmas party in order to land a big client and save the day.
– Movie Roles > 2016 ~ Office Christmas Party > April 29th: On The Set Of ‘Office Christmas Party’ In Atlanta
Jennifer Aniston is famously newly married to Justin Theroux and Jason Sudeikis is expecting his second child with Olivia Wilde but the two agreed that starring in their fifth collaboration together, “Mother’s Day,” makes them like “work wives.”
“Indeed,” said Sudeikis, who stars in “Mother’s Day” as a widower with two kids whose budding romance with Aniston’s divorced mom-of-two character starts off awkwardly. Sudeikis, 40, and Aniston, 47, told ABC News’ Matt Gutman it was the allure of working with famed director Garry Marshall that drew them to the movie, which also stars Julia Roberts and Kate Hudson.
“That’s the only thing,” Aniston said, joking that she didn’t even need to see a script.
“Mother’s Day” opens in theaters nationwide today.
I added beautiful scans of People Magazine (May 2016), the Most Beautiful issue to the gallery. Jennifer did a very very big spread with photoshoot. I hope to find the shoot asap, but for now enjoy the scans!
Jennifer Aniston has been named People magazine’s 2016 World’s Most Beautiful Woman! Here’s what the 47-year-old actress had to share with the mag: On taking care of herself: “It’s funny, it’s a really quick transition from not a care and now all of a sudden, we’ve got to really be mindful of what we put inside our bodies. And how we sleep and take care of ourselves. You can get away with a lot in your 20s.”
On being told she was “too chubby” when she was younger: “I was like, ‘What?!’ But my diet was terrible. Milk shakes and French fries with gravy [laughs]. It was a good thing to start paying attention.”
On her husband Justin Theroux: “He makes me laugh. He’s so interesting and so interested. He’s unbelievably talented in more areas than one and he’s just a good man.”
The stars of the new rom-com hit the red carpet at the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood on Wednesday night. The cast of Garry Marshall’s latest romantic comedy, Mother’s Day — including Julia Roberts, Jennifer Aniston, Shay Mitchell, Jack Whitehall and Aasif Mandvi — graced the red carpet Wednesday evening at the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
The film follows a group of characters with intersecting storylines, grappling with issues revolving around being, becoming, reconciling with and losing a mother. Jennifer Aniston shared her interest in wanting to work with director Garry Marshall on his latest venture. “Garry Marshall was my appeal, and the cast,” Aniston said. “They’re just incredible. All they want is for you to be happy. It’s a family set and family affair, everyone’s just having a good time.”
On her relationship with Marshall, she added, “He’s the grandpa everybody wishes they had.”
Mother’s Day hits theaters nationwide April 29.
– Appearances > + 2016 > April 13th: “Mother’s Day” Premiere, TCL Chinese Theater, Hollywood
Celebrating the matriarchs that make the world go ‘round, Garry Marshall’s “Mother’s Day” is coming to theaters on April 29th.
Starring Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson, Julia Roberts, Jason Sudeikis, Shay Mitchell, Britt Robertson and Timothy Olyphant, the forthcoming flick is produced by Kevin Frakes, Mike Karz and Wayne Rice.
And in the just-released trailer, there’s plenty of strange family dynamics, drama and love, all rolled into a charming and heartwarming convergence of storylines. Check the preview!